Re: Topband: Edger for burying ground radials ?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Edger for burying ground radials ?
From: "John K9UWA" <k9uwa@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 11:34:08 -0500
Guess I am not sure why you guys want to go to all the WORK of burying radials
when Mother Nature will do it
nicely for you  with ZERO effort.

Fall right now. Cut your grass as short as your mower will cut. Install
radials. Just lay them out on top of the grass and attach to
your tower/ground plate. I used NoAlox with wires wrapped around stainless
bolts and washers no soldering required and the
NoAlox will and stainless steel will prevent disimilar metal problems. Lay the
radials on top of the grass and forget them. In the
spring when you start cutting the grass again just cut it to about 4 inches.
Before the end of summer you won't be able
to find them. Mother Nature will have pulled them down into the ground for you.

John  k9uwa

John Goller, K9UWA & Jean Goller, N9PXF
Antique Radio Restorations
k9uwa@arrl.net