Topband: Loud clicks

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Loud clicks
From: "Chortek, Robert L" <Robert.Chortek@berliner.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 2010 08:13:53 -0800
Proposed New Year Resolution -

This season I have noticed more key clicks than last season.  When we
discuss this important issue, we should all take a close look at our
signals, to make sure they are clean. It is easy and natural to assume
the clicks were are talking about are caused by the "other guy" and that
this discussion "does not apply to me".  For those of us with a scope,
great, use it.  But, if you don't have a scope, simply ask a fellow ham
to monitor your signal periodically. It is really easy to find out if
your signal is clean, and it does not take very much effort.  There are
several very loud stations which make it impossible to hear those weak
DX signals because they are being covered up by key clicks.  This new
year, let us all resolve to take another look at our signals, unless we
already know for a fact "it isn't me" they are talking about, to make
sure they are free of key clicks.

I am sure no one would be offended by a "polite and respectful private
email" from a fellow ham if cause exists.

73 and best DX in 2010.

Bob/AA6VB
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK