Topband: bidirectional beverage VS not terminating beverage

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: bidirectional beverage VS not terminating beverage
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 12:13:36 -0800
Electric fence wire is about $ 22.00 per quarter mile stateside.  Hold it up
with fence insulators or wire ties.
Earle K6SE (sk) got fabulous front to back ratios as per a survey I took
years ago. He changed to copper wire, lost much of his f/b, then went back
to the fence wire.   This wire may be the answer to many a poor hams
prayers.
73 Bruce

snip
Most of them are of a very heavy branch (that fell out of the top of a large
tree during freak winds last May) that landed near one end of the NE-SW
Beverage. That gives you some idea of just how strong that galvanized
electric fence wire is! Ladder line would have broke, I'm sure. I could not
push on the branch and lift it one inch, it was so heavy.
snip

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK