Re: Topband: Narrow Filtering

To: <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Narrow Filtering
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 23:28:23 -0500
> The real solution is for everyone to learn how to tune their
> radios to the right frequency.

Unfortunately, for some who are afflicted by what the musicians
call a "tin ear" +/- 200 Hz may well be "the right frequency" -
at least as well as they can tell it.  Tuning to the right
frequency gets to be a bigger challenge with quick transmissions,
weak signals, QRN, QSB, and a lot of strong close by stations
with their clicks and phase noise.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK