Re: Topband: DX Window No Long Relevant

To: "Robert Smits" <bob@rsmits.ca>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX Window No Long Relevant
From: "Diane and Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:48:38 -0500
On 3rd February, Bob wrote:

"...Not all of us can afford or own 'world class radios', John. It isn't
true in North America and it certainly isn't true in the rest of the
world..."

***************************************

Formal contest rules notwithstanding, I find it rather comforting that
1830 - 1835-KHz offers a unique oasis away from the general din of North
American CQs all across the rest of the band during CW events...

If I had my "druthers", I'd vote to retain it in all events involving
DX-to-NA QSOs...and I'd have the powers-that-be perhaps document those
domestic "trespassers" with a penchant to call "CQ TEST" therein, and
penalize them.

But for the life of me, I don't know how this could be done fairly &
accurately.

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK