Re: Topband: Bi-Directional Beverage Question - DXE Polarity

To: Bob Eldridge <r.c.eldridge@ieee.org>
Subject: Re: Topband: Bi-Directional Beverage Question - DXE Polarity
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 08:27:06 -0400
>From DX Engineering's manual for the RBS-1P Reversible Beverage System
manual:

"The antenna ladder-line is connected between the feed point and reflection
units observing the polarity between the units. The + side of the ladder
line on the feed point unit should be connected to the + side of the
reflection unit. Since you may be twisting the ladder line along its length,
correct polarity should be verified using a meter. An incorrect connection
will result in poor front-to-back ratio or sensitivity."

It is my understanding that W8JI designed the RBS-1P.  It would be
interesting to hear his comments on this paragraph.

73,

Ken - K4XL

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Bob Eldridge <eldridge@direct.ca> wrote:

> 1.  It could be a convenient accident.
> 2.  If on purpose, the answer is probably "Just in case this is
> useful".  But then you would expect DXE to draw attention to it .
> 3.  Useful that this has been "discovered" and brought to our
> attention.
> Bob VE7BS
> >> So other than phasing two Beverages, has anyone found a reason why
> >> DX
> >> Engineering does this?

Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive