Re: Topband: New entry to TopBand with antenna question

To: topband@contesting.com, "Michael G. Carper" <mike@wa9pie.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: New entry to TopBand with antenna question
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 21:07:26 -0700
On 9/6/2011 7:59 PM, Michael G. Carper wrote:
> given that your XCVR has only a
> single antenna port for both TX/RX?

For most serious 160M operators, that is NOT a given. Either we find a
rig that has a separate input for an RX antenna, or we modify the rig to
add one.  N6TR published a nice applications note quite a few years ago
showing how to do this for a popular rig at the time, a TS850.  I did
that mod to two TS850s that I owned. It took about an hour. Google to
find it.

73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK