Re: Topband: Daisey Chained ground rods

To: herbs@vitelcom.net
Subject: Re: Topband: Daisey Chained ground rods
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:11:22 -0800
On 11/19/2011 9:50 AM, Herb Schoenbohm wrote:
> Is there any cause for concern hooking two grounds together for separate
> Beverages?   I have a a single wire Beverage that runs 600 feet to the
> East and and another that runs 600 feet to the West.  The ground rods
> are 6 feet apart.  I use spiders on both 4x 30' and earth is moderate to
> good conductivity as a former hay field now covered with high grasses..
> Is there any advantage or disadvantage from connection of the two ground
> rods  together with a #8 bare copper jumper?
>

> Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ

If you are selecting only one beverage at a time with relays, then
you can use a common ground for them, because the unused one doesn't
create any current in the ground.  I have been doing this for years.
If you currently have separate grounds, you might as well aggregate them.

Rick N6RK
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK