Re: Topband: Counterpoise very interresting

To: Julius Fazekas <phriendly1@yahoo.com>, W2PM <w2pm@aol.com>, "Mike(W5UC)" <w5uc@suddenlink.net>, Guy Olinger K2AV <olinger@bellsouth.net>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Counterpoise very interresting
From: k3bu@optimum.net
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 22:01:47 +0000 (GMT)
IMHO word of caution:

LB Cebik was a great modeler, has done lot of work modeling various antennas,
configurations etc but have not built most of his models in real life with real
wires and tubing.
Granted, modeling programs are getting better and better, are a great tool
especially for comparing some designs, but still do not 100% capture real life
variables and one has to be cautious in trusting the modeling results as a
gospel.
Recent posts about ground, radials, counterpoise are one of the areas of
possible discrepancies.
Just like with the loading coils "controversy", the "ground thing" is a bit
muddied up.

Yuri, K3BU.us
www.MVmanor.com