Re: Topband: K9AY loop questions

To: <n8dcj@yahoo.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY loop questions
From: BRYON PAUL n0ah VEAL <bryonveal@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 12:16:34 -0700
Dan,

We have this exact set up at our QTH (W0ANT and N0AH).  The K9AY loop is a
single wire (east/west) and works very, very well.  Last year, we had close to
500 Q's in both the ARRL and CQ 160 contests running low power.  We live in
suburbs, and the west side of the loop is only 15 feet from the house.  We have
worked VK/ZL/EU/JA, etc......so it hears DX too- Visit my qrz.com site under
N0AH for pictures- Feel free to email us for any questions-  One note- we use
the antenna for 30M-BCS and have a blast with the E/W contrast in what we can
hear.  It really is amazing-

73-

Bryon "Paul" Veal  MAED
FCC Amateur Radio License-N0AH
n0ah@arrl.net
Certified ARRL Volunteer Wireless Technology Instructor
Acres Green Elementary School Amateur Radio Club Trustee - KD0NIV

> Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 08:19:55 -0800
> From: n8dcj@yahoo.com
> To: topband@contesting.com
> Subject: Topband: K9AY loop questions
>
> As soon as i have th radials under the Inv-L i was considering constructing a
> K9AY rcv loop system. The best/easiest place to put it is actually jsut out
> side the shack , but , I am wondering if the 2 story house (about 30 ft away
> from the loop)  between the loop and basically EU will have much effect on
> the loop ? I can put it out on the open but , that will be a little more
> difficult.
>
> Also , I have a large supply of RG6 CATV feedline which I believe is 75 Ohm ?
> what modifications do I need to make to use it rather than a 50 Ohm
> feedline...
>
> Thanks
>
> Dan N8DCJ

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK