Re: Topband: Zero Beat

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Zero Beat
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2011 08:28:57 -0500
On Sun, 2011-12-04 at 21:42 -0500, Mark Lunday wrote:
> Bill
>
> The root cause (which you are addressing in this instance) is a lack of
> elmer-ing/mentor-ing.
>
> Our hobby is blessed with many who know a lot, and are willing to share
> without making the less-knowledgeable feel inferior.
>
> I've been a ham for 34 years, and I am learning lots of new stuff every
> week.  I promised my Elmer (W4ZM, SK) that I would always help those who
> asked for it, and never denigrate or ridicule any question. I also promised
> my Elmer that I would never be afraid to ask questions and look for ways to
> learn more.
>
> The topic of zero-beat is just one of the important aspects of CW that can
> be shared for better operating habits on 160.  Thanks for making the effort,
> sign me up as a willing assistant.
>
> Mark Lunday, WD4ELG

Thank you Mark,

I have setup a folder in my mail client to hold all of the messages for
this project. Most of the correspondence will be off-list. I am going to
ask for help from members of a couple of other lists as well as help
from people who may feel they are not familiar or not familiar enough
with what zero beat is all about. If some of those hams read our drafts
and have questions we can redo that part until the "target audience"
gets a clear picture.

Several people have offered to help with this. Too many cooks can spoil
the soup so I will wait a bit before casting a wider net to see if other
Top Band CW ops join us.

73,

Bill  KU8H

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK