Re: Topband: Caged Inv-L - Pros and Cons ?

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Caged Inv-L - Pros and Cons ?
From: "Victor A. Kean, Jr." <vkean@k1lt.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 23:45:44 -0500
On Tuesday, January 24, 2012 11:34:30 pm Jim Brown wrote:
> On 1/24/2012 6:29 PM, Dan Bookwalter wrote:
> I am considering modifying my Inverted L such that the vertical part (~ 70 ft)
> is a cage of say 4 wires , purely for bandwidth. Besides BW any Pro's and or
> Con's to this idea ?

In exchange for greater bandwidth you get lower radiation resistance which for
most systems would translate into slightly lower efficiency.  Of course, if the
increased bandwidth allows you to avoid a tuner or SWR-related feedline losses,
then net effect might be a wash.

Victor, K1LT
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK