Topband: radial wire source

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: radial wire source
From: Dan Bookwalter <n8dcj@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 06:01:11 -0700 (PDT)
I think I asked something similar last fall , but , circumstances changed and I
couldn't do anything about it at the time...

So , here I am again looking for a source of radial wire.... I was thinking of
either going with K2AV's FCP or a radial field.... If i go with the radials I
was thinking of using #14 stranded for about 15 radials that in theory would
help absorb any lightning impulses (per W8JI website) , then I was going to use
whatever wire I can find for the remaining 40 or 50 radials. My radial field
can only cover from about SW thru North over to East.

Is there a better source for wire than Lowes/Home Depot ? I will check with the
local electrical distibutor , but , if I recall correctly they weren't much
better.... Lowes currently has 500' of #14 THHN for $50 I would need about 3000
feet.

Dan
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK