Re: Topband: radial wire source

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: radial wire source
From: "Bill Wichers" <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:35:11 -0400
I buy 5,000 foot reels (which is the minimum order from my supplier) of
18 awg solid copper wire from a local wholesale wire supply house. You
should be able to get most electrical supply houses to order that for
you. My local shop I've worked with for years, they specialize in
communications and security wire but can order just about anything.
Pricing was around $53/1,000 feet.

  -Bill

> On 6/5/2012 9:08 AM, DAVID CUTHBERT wrote:
> > I use #14 stranded THHN wire from Home Despot because it's easy work
> work with.
>
> I've used a lot of #14 THHN solid because it's cheaper than stranded,
> and find it no more difficult to work with than stranded wire.  I
would
> love to use #18, but have not been able to find a  source for it in
> quantity.  Either Lowe's or Home Depot (don't recall which) orffers a
> quantity discount for something like six 500 ft spools.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK