Re: Topband: Progress with ugly computer noise

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Progress with ugly computer noise
From: "Bill Wichers" <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 12:51:47 -0400
That sounds like the power supply is missing the usual common-mode input filter
that switching power supplies nearly always have.
There are companies like corcom that make emi filters for the line. Some of
these filters are integrated with the IEC power connector for the power cord.
If your power supply has enough space to fit one of the combo filter/connectors
in place of the stock connector that might help -- even with your new supply.
This would put the filtering inside the computer chassis which would likely be
better than anything you could put on the power cord alone.

-Bill

[Sent using Blackberry Messaging]