Re: Topband: Progress with ugly computer noise

To: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Progress with ugly computer noise
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 21:40:22 -0400
On Wed, 2012-07-04 at 15:41 -0400, Paul Christensen wrote:
> > According to the schematic on the side, it consists of 2 x 2.5
> > mH indutors, one in series with each leg, a 2200 pF cap shunting the
> > line input and 0.1uF capacitors from each leg to ground on the load
> > side.

---snip---

> Paul, W9AC

I found a similar circuit and copied that into my power supply. Now I
can't hear it in the radio. I'm pumped <grin>. $10 for the modular units
seems pretty reasonable to me. I'll be looking at those for future
problems a dn Have made notes about various brands. The one I ordered
(and still not here) also had glowing recommendations. I'll report
results for that one when I get it. I have been avoiding running my
backup srver (backs up personal data for the family's computers) because
the power supply is on the light weight side. But it's quiet.

73,

Bill  KU8H

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK