Re: Topband: ALUMINUM

To: "Bob Kirkeby" <wb0dsf@gmail.com>, "Mike Greenway" <K4PI@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: ALUMINUM
From: "Hardy Landskov" <n7rt@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 12:24:10 -0700
Bob,
I had the same experience. I was using bare 75 ohm TV hardline as a matching section on my 160 Delta loop and it was partially buried. But after 2 years, the outer jacket was almost gone when I had to dig it up. My soil is just regular sandy dirt. So my advice to anyone that wants to bury aluminum cable or wire is make sure it is insulated or jacketed.
73 Hardy N7RT
Phoenix

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob Kirkeby" <wb0dsf@gmail.com>