Re: Topband: FO8AJ - TX5K

To: "w7dra@juno.com" <w7dra@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FO8AJ - TX5K
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 23:15:24 -0700
Mike: re TX5K   I "saw" much of that behavior on 40 as well.  In fact, 40 was
the only HF band that I operate on that I did NOT work them on and felt like
the number(s) of stations and the utterly rude behavior contributed to that
"non band happening"!  I put out a decent signal on 40 so was surprised.

Totally disgusting is the only way to describe the behavior of some of those 40
meter operators!

Oh well, it's a hobby so you get what you get, I guess - or sumpin' like that.

The Top Band crowd was, as usual, totally on the other of the spectrum -
congenial, allowing the operator to run the show...no keying down on top of
them....sigh..wish all bands were like that.

72, Jim Rodenkirch K9JWV

> To: w7dra@juno.com
> Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 09:47:57 -0800
> From: w7dra@juno.com
> CC: topband@contesting.com; tetrode@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: Topband: FO8AJ - TX5K
>
>  not being any sort of DX hunter although i went down and turned on the
> worm warmer on 160 and gave TX5K one call and worked him, promptly turned
> off everything and went back to the house.
>
> but on 40 meters sitting in front of a super pro with a globe chief 90
> and a dipole trying to work TX5K was a different story. i can hear quite
> a bit of the band without having to turn the  dial and the number of W
> hams transmitting on or very close his frequency and the tendency of the
> guys that actually were "up" to slide "down" and crowd him was amazing,.
> and W hams still calling him when he is saying "up EU" was quite an eye
> opener for someone who does not do is sort of thing very often.
>
> mike w7dra
> Woman is 57 But Looks 27
> 2013&#39;s No. 1 Facelift. Mom is Wrinkle Free Thanks to Doctor&#39;s Secret!
> http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/513a2489ae8824885f05st04vuc
> Topband Reflector

Topband Reflector