Re: Topband: 160M Rhombics

To: Tom W8JI <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M Rhombics
From: HAROLD SMITH JR <w0rihps@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:36:00 -0700 (PDT)

> Anybody on this list have a Rhombic for 160M?
>
> W1AW used to use one for bulletins and code practice on 160M but I think it
> came down years ago (1989?)
>
> I seem to recall pics in CQ of a big California desert DX'er who had what was
> essentially a radial array of rhombics for maybe 160M or 80M.

I can't imagine why anyone would have one today.  Here is an analaysis of
Rhomics.

http://www.w8ji.com/rhombic_antennas.htm

73 Tom

Years ago, W6AM had a "Rhombic Farm" near San Francisco.
Ian, VK3MO had stacked Rhombics.

I don't believe that either used them on 160.
Ian as always was a "Bomb" on 20 meters long path.

73 Price  W0RI
Topband Reflector