Re: Topband: 160M Rhombics

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160M Rhombics
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 14:40:01 -0400 (EDT)
Rhombics definitely look cool, but modern antennas definitely outperform them

My favorites:

- four stacked rhombics, (two wide, two high) over a salt marsh in ZC4
this array was replaced by a curtain array, steerable in azimuth and elevation

- a rosette of sloping rhombics occupying one square mile. Sloping rhombics
broaden the elevation pattern, much like stacked Yagis.

- many pairs of very wide spaced rhombics used for diversity reception at VOA
Greenville Site C

As for 160 meters, I'll keep my 4-square transmitting array, Beverages and
phased arrays of short receiving verticals!

73
Frank
W3LPL