Re: Topband: Two 2:1 transformers to choose from!!

To: Charlie Cunningham <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two 2:1 transformers to choose from!!
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 19:11:47 -0500
I'm not sure what kind of material you made that from, but 3 or even 4
turns is OK for the low-Z winding on the #73 solid 2-hole cores we were
talking about earlier. It seemed to work well for you. :-)

Sometimes, we have to cascade two transformers to get to the Z ratio we
want.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Sat, Aug 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM, Charlie Cunningham <
charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> As I recall, when I wound the tranformer for my 40' X 10' KAZ terminated
> loop, I wound it 3:13 T because I was trying to match from 50 ohms up to
> around 950 ohms. The core I used was binocular that I cobbled together by
> taping together two Fair-Rite tubular cores, side-by-side. I used wire-wrap
> wire. Worked really well, and surely  helped me on 160 and 80m, but it was
> great receive antenna for 40 and 30m as well.

Topband Reflector