Re: Topband: Two 2:1 transformers to choose from!!

To: Charlie Cunningham <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two 2:1 transformers to choose from!!
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 21:40:44 -0500
This is the preamp I use. The circuit is from *Solid State Design For the
Radio Amateur*, © 1977 ARRL. W8JI suggested it to me over 30 years ago (but
I think he has much better preamp designs since then).
http://www.w0btu.com/W0BTU-broadband-preamps.html
W7IUV enhanced it.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Charlie Cunningham <
charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com> wrote:

> Well, that FO0AAA KAZ terminated loop has pretty good gain as terminated RX
> loops go, so I wouldn't expect the system to be noise starved, but the gain
> opf that loop is of the order of -30 dBi at 160, so a preamp is in order.

Topband Reflector