Re: Topband: Two 2:1 transformers to choose from!!

To: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>, topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Two 2:1 transformers to choose from!!
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 15:14:50 -0500
Ever since I added back-to-back 1N4148's between the preamp's input and
ground many years ago, I have never lost a transistor in my preamp. Before
that, it seemed that I was replacing it after nearly every thunderstorm.

A couple of years ago I changed it a little: I added a small incandescent
lamp in series with the preamp input. At the same I changed from just two
to four of the same diodes in series/parallel.

There are other ways as good or better than this, but this works for me.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM, James Rodenkirch
<rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>wrote:

>  Any ideas on a front end protection circuit for a preampl?

Topband Reflector