Re: Topband: Replacing F Connectors with BNCs

To: "Pete Smith N4ZR" <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Replacing F Connectors with BNCs
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 09:34:57 -0500
There are push on F connectors, and I use them, but I use them wisely. I minimize my dependence on having a perfect shield connection as much as reasonably possible.

For example, my swap over from house operation to contest barn operation is all via push-on F connections. I have zero problems with shield ingress. I would not use them out in the rain, or in a situation where I could not mitigate small issues with shield connection resistance.

A push-on F is about as reliable as a BNC electrically, although physically it has no mechanical locking.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Pete Smith N4ZR" <n4zr@contesting.com>