Re: Topband: New MFJ 259C available

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, "'topband'" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: New MFJ 259C available
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 22:04:58 -0500
Well, I might be willing to use a VNA that attaches to a computer in my Lab,
if I could get away with much lower cost than one of the Agilent or Rhode
and Schwarz VNAs.  I'd like to have the capability  to cover the 2.5 GHz
band and go considerably higher so I could look at harmonic filters for
2.5GHz.

I'd also like to be able to apply VNA measurements to some of my HF antennas
and I might be willing to take a laptop out there to do that, but I could
also just calibrate out the feedline to move the measurement plane out to
the antenna and do the measurments from indoors! Would be nice to have the
capability! I have seen a commercial VNA with a lot of capability that
attaches to a Computer for considerably less than a good Agilent VNA! I'm
thinking about it when some of my invoices get paid!

73,
Charlie, K4OTV