Re: Topband: Rig Question

To: topband List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Question
From: Gary and Kathleen Pearse <pearse@gci.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 10:00:06 -0800
Paying for? Weight, eye candy, and interface? Oh, and a better behaved ALC.
However, as I noted I didn’t fuss with much over 20M and SSB, so maybe that’s
where the 990 excels. They are very nice to observe and operate. The primary
receiver on my early 990 may have been maladjusted, as it was not superior to
the secondary on weak CW in my QRN.

Kenwood said today to send my TS-590 in (my $) for all upgrades to current
specs (especially the ALC) on their parts and labor $0.10, plus they’ll return
ship. How’s that for out of warranty product support? The market must be
getting competitive.

When I out my K3/P3 I may get another 590.

73, Gary NL7Y