Re: Topband: Rig Question

To: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Question
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 16:28:15 -0400
I found the TS-990 main receiver to be the best Ive ever used and the 2nd one close but not quite but Ive no experience with a TS-950.

Another thing I noticed was the near absence of phase noise and other artifacts when testing with 144, 432 and 1296 MHz transverters having a NF of .5dB or less. It brings a new meaning to digging below the noise.

Perhaps a few got out that werent aligned properly or required upgrades.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>