Re: Topband: Rig Question

To: Guy Olinger K2AV <k2av.guy@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Rig Question
From: Ashton Lee <Ashton.R.Lee@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2014 18:09:34 -0600
The K3’s (I have 2) come sounding pretty bad on SSB. But there are some
standard settings for the equalizer which get them sounding pretty good. I’m
not sure why they don’t leave the factory that way.

All in all I find the K3s unbeatable for CW and on a par with other good rigs
on SSB. Basically most of the really advanced receiver functions for most
radios are more functional with narrow discrete CW type signals. SSB signals
bleed all over each other so there is only so much a radio can do.