Re: Topband: [Bulk] Re: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters

To: Carl Clawson <clawsoncw@gmail.com>, Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: [Bulk] Re: Elimination of Treadmill RFI on 160 meters
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 15:50:12 -0800
Pretty hard to find a box with the volume you need and already cut for outlets. What I do for large size line filters is use a plastic junction box from Home Depot (Carlon or Thomas & Betts). They come 4x4x2, 4x4x4, 6x6x4 and larger. Then a pigtail out to a standard outlet box of any type you desire and in with a power cord with plug. Use rubber grip cable or Kellems strain reliefs on both cords from HD or McMaster or Grainger.

http://www.homedepot.com/s/plastic%2520junction%2520box?NCNI-5

http://www.grainger.com/category/electrical-strain-relief-liquidtight-conduit-grips/ecatalog/N-8fp/Ntt-Kellems+grip?adgrpID=1091427382&kwdID=20238598834&sst=subset&ts_optout=true

Grant KZ1W