Re: Topband: DXCC Program Integrity

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DXCC Program Integrity
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbert.schoenbohm@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2015 20:03:02 -0400
Maybe so Anthony but I distinctly recall attending a a IARU Region 2 conference some years ago in Ocho Rios, Jamaica and I was amazed at how many people from HQ along with their wives or partners that were booked in the 5 Star hotel where the conference was being held. It was almost like HQ was left with just the clerical staff. Some members of the ARRL travel often and to "far away places with strange sounding names." Considering that there is an ARRL booth at every major and many minor ham-fests and that there is one every couple of weeks, there can be little doubt that league personnel do very well in frequent flyer miles and don't lodge at a Motel "6" during the event. Since the ARRL has a "DXCC Desk" as they call it, I wonder if they have a "travel desk" as well.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ