Re: Topband: Fw: verticals by the sea

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Fw: verticals by the sea
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2015 13:04:29 -0700
Another good example was D4B's 160 meter inverted-V Yagi that was setup near the edge of the bluff at the "Monteverde" contest site (now D4C).

Al put in an incredible topband signal into the west coast of the USA. Once when I sent him an email complimenting him on his big signal, he wrote back and informed me that his amplifier was broken that weekend so he had been running in the low power category. I was totally floored.

ZL8X also had a very good low power signal on topband. I think they were using an inverted-V up high in a tree along a cliff overlooking the ocean.

73, Mike W4EF..............