Re: Topband: Heathkit SB-1000

To: Jim Murray <adkmurray@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Heathkit SB-1000
From: Rich Cariello <rlcariello@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 05:54:57 -0500
Jim,
To get closer to the needed value of the additional transmitting cap I would
try to find out the max value of the load cap that came with the amp. Halve the
value and that's what I would install. I recall the amp would kind of tune up
around 2 mg with max load cap value. Adding an additional 50% cap allowed the
amp to tune the hole 160 meter band. Bottom line just put in whatever you have
and see what happens. But if you need to go out and buy something then the 50%
cap value should do you.
Rich AA2MF

Sent from my iPad