Topband: Ground screen question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Ground screen question
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2016 21:10:48 -0800

Topbanders,

I searched the archives under "ground screen" and could not find info on my situation. I have a 15 foot by 70 foot, 6 inch thick concrete parking slab along side our house. My tower is about 15 feet away from the side of the slab. I am planning radials to extend out from the tower which I will be shunt feeding for 160M and remembered that the slab has welded wire mesh reinforcement at mid depth. The welded mesh is 6 in by 6 in and # 8 wire. Would the mesh be a good ground screen ? I will have to drill and connect to the mesh at various places but would be worth it if a good ground screen.

Bob
K6UJ