Re: Topband: Ground screen question

To: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ground screen question
From: Yuri Blanarovich <k3bu@optimum.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2016 07:58:25 -0500 (EST)
One #10  wire connection should be sufficient.
Just water the lawn before the contest.

73, HNY  Yuri, K3BU.us

 On Mon, Jan 11, 2016 at 12:10 AM, Robert Harmon wrote:

Topbanders,

I searched the archives under "ground screen" and could not find info on my situation. I have a 15 foot by 70 foot, 6 inch thick concrete parking slab along side our house. My tower is about 15 feet away from the side of the slab. I am planning radials to extend out from the tower which I will be shunt feeding for 160M and remembered that the slab has welded wire mesh reinforcement at mid depth. The welded mesh is 6 in by 6 in and # 8 wire. Would the mesh be a good ground screen ? I will have to drill and connect to the mesh at various places but would be worth it if a good ground screen.

Bob
K6UJ