Re: Topband: strange propagation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: strange propagation
From: John Frazier <fraz1@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 13:22:53 -0600
Well......many of us /have/ worked to change the rules to reflect the use of remote operations. In FACT, the ARRL DX Advisory Committee recommended to the ARRL BOD that a distance limit be included in the rule. The BOD rejected that recommendation despite the FACT that the members of the BOD actually appoint the members to the DXAC. So, they appoint members and totally ignore or reject their recommendation.

Also, even after my post, no one has offered a position on why a separate DXCC award for using remote is unfair or unacceptable. All we ever hear is "it's legal" or "you object to technology", or "you're whiners". We understand it is perfectly legal, and we embrace new technology. We simply have an opinion that honestly differs from yours.

Tom is correct in that the DXCC Award was diminished over the years do to the location rule change(s). But, the number of super stations now (and in the future) available for rent and the number of folks using it will dilute the Award many times more than the previous changes. It begs for a separate award.

73 John W4II