Re: Topband: RHR

To: "Topband@Contesting. Com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RHR
From: GALE STEWARD via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 21:58:19 +0000 (UTC)
I'm with Ron one this. I don't care in the slightest what someone else uses to
work a station. If it's legal, go for it. I worked my 146 on Topband from my
own QTH. My station is always going forward with improvements and continues to
gradually get better.
And this argument that "this will be the end of ham radio as we know it", I've
been hearing that tired phrase since the late 60's. Memory keyers, incentive
licensing, computers & packet radio, skimmers, etc. have all been touted as
going to "ruin" ham radio. I'm on the air every day and still having fun, after
53 years. I don't think it been ruined at all. It has changed, just like
everything else. I think that a lot of the new technology is great.

My DXCC is not diminished in the slightest (in my mind) by whatever equipment
setup someone else used to work a new one. More power to them.
My 2 cents...
73, Stew K3ND