Re: Topband: Topband Strange Propagation

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Topband Strange Propagation
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2016 07:36:22 -0500
My take on it was that "the dit marks the spot" either for a buddy or just
as a "public service."  While not as annoying as other forms of
transmissions on the DX freq, it still shows bad manners...however, not as
bad as when I forget to engage the split button.  Maybe that is why I've
never been nominated for the A1 op award.  At least it's why I wouldn't
nominate me.

73,

Ken - K4XL

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 12:31 AM, Louis Parascondola via Topband <
topband@contesting.com> wrote:

> I have experienced this single dit when working split on a DX station.  I
> wondered if it was some kind of malicious interference of some sort but
> other than what Gary suggested I don't see how it is terribly annoying to
> the point that one would be making any statement by doing it.
>

> W1QJ

Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com

"Show me a politician who is poor, and I'll show you a poor
politician." - Carlos
Hank González