Re: Topband: DXE NCC-1 phasing box

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DXE NCC-1 phasing box
From: Bill Tippett <btippett@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2016 06:55:29 -0400
I'll add a comment about documentation.  I bought a new-in-box NCC-1 from
another ham in late 2009 and had several problems getting it to work
correctly.  The root cause was multiple errors in the printed manual and
(then current) online manual.  After multiple communications with W8JI, I
was able to get it working correctly, and DXE subsequently made several
revisions to their manual.  I believe the current online manual is correct
(Rev 5c) but advise everyone to use only the latest online manual rev
rather than the printed manual, especially if you buy an older unit.

I'm very happy with the NCC-1 once I got it working but the manual errors
made for a very frustrating experience.

73,  Bill  W4ZV