Topband: Fwd: Re: DXE NCC-1 phasing box

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Fwd: Re: DXE NCC-1 phasing box
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 11:51:10 -0400

I recently replace my MFJ RX antenna phasing units with a DX Engineering NCC-1 and find it well worth the money There is a vast improvement in the phasing controls instead of MFJ's tiny knobs. they give full rotation and a phase reversal switch on either antenna which can be employed instantly . By using two Beverages that are either pointed in the same or opposite directions I can enhance the forward reception, null out IX fro a close by local station better, or improve the F/B in the desired direction. I use BC stations in PR and down the Caribbean to demonstrate to myself that the the NCC-1 is a phasing properly. Nulls are deeper and I can move them around as desired. The construction of the unit is excellent. Yes it would be nice to have a schematic but i can understand how this could be outsourced overseas quickly and to the determent of the designers I like the fact that DX-Engineering is standing by their products And that is good enough for me.

I remember and old indisputable adage...."That which works best....works." Who can argue with that?

Herb, KV4FZ