Topband: RBOG - wire fence

To: TopBand List <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: RBOG - wire fence
From: Roger Parsons via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 14:50:50 +0000 (UTC)
"The other question is the susceptibility of the quad shielded RG6 coax cable

running on the ground to the shack - do rodents etc like to feed on coax?"

My experience is that critters love chewing on coax laid on the ground. I use
hardline where possible which seems to be almost but not completely immune, and
flooded RG6 elsewhere. The RG6 gets chewed constantly, but it is only
occasionally that the chewing shorts inner to outer or breaks the cable.
Nevertheless, it is a significant maintenance item.

73 Roger
VE3ZI