Re: Topband: RBOG - wire fence

To: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RBOG - wire fence
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 12:40:39 -0600
I know that some hams have this issue, but we never have. I have over 800'
feet of quad-shield flooded F6 either on top of or slightly below the
grass. Part of one run (over 100', feeding the TX antenna) runs along the
top of a fence.

And we DO have squirrels! We hear them scurrying all over our roof, and up
and down the oak trees. Maybe that's the secret: feed them acorns (or corn;
it's cheap a a farm feed store) and they'll leave your coax alone. :-)

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com