Re: Topband: RDF for Transmit 4 Square vs 8 Circle Array

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RDF for Transmit 4 Square vs 8 Circle Array
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2017 17:42:17 -0400 (EDT)
To add to Dennis' comments: you can never have too many antennas
(very important exception: unless they interfere with each other).

Very large arrays such as 8 circle arrays form their deep nulls in the
far field which may be many hundreds of yards away from the array.
Very large arrays are not as effective for suppressing very close RFI sources.,
they're fantastic for more distant RFI sources and especially for
ionospherically propagated interference of all kinds.

Small receiving antennas such as the K9AY or SAL may be more
effective for suppressing nearby RFI.

73
Frank
W3LPL