Re: Topband: Capacity Hat Wire Size

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Capacity Hat Wire Size
From: Mike DeChristopher <mfdechristopher@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2018 14:28:22 -0500
Bruce,

I used to resonate my tower on 80m with 22 ga wire in two directions.
Never a problem with power handling at 1.5kW; I probably would have
used bigger stuff if I had any in the garage at the time.

Like others here, I think the real issue is that these wires will
become de facto guy wires, and so physical strength becomes relevant.

73,
Mike N1TA