Re: Topband: VU2GSM webSDR use

To: "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: VU2GSM webSDR use
From: <JAYB1943@OPTONLINE.NET>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2018 14:24:08 -0500
We may be debating this issue too much – IMHO it seems simple using the ARRL
DXCC rules: If both the Rx and the Tx are located within the borders of the
country (Rx cud be 1000 miles away..), it’s a valid QSO for DXCC, WAS, etc
purposes. They have accepted fully “remote” operations for DXCC credit as
long as this rule is followed so plenty of precedence... that said, if the
Rx is located outside the country of operation, I can’t imagine how that
qualifies as a valid 2-way QSO – IF you care about DXCC credit. If you don’t
care, it’s certainly a good way to use the existing technology to extend
your operational range. I hope the ARRL issues some guidelines on this
subject soon..AND...I think it’s imperative in the interest of the DXCC
program for the DX station using an out-of-country Rx to advise the other
station of that fact so they realize this QSO may not be valid for DXCC
credit.
73, Jay NY2NY