Re: Topband: Shunt feeding AB-577/621

To: "Dick Green WC1M" <wc1m73@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Shunt feeding AB-577/621
From: k8gg@voyager.net
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2018 13:46:38 -0400 (EDT)
Hi All,

A couple of thoughts:

I used an aluminum powder filled version of Permatex or similar anti-seize
compound the last time I put up an aluminum tower (Heights or Universal).
No continuity problems.

Also with a rigid galvanized free-standing tower (Probably American Tower
or Pyrod) I used zinc filled anti-seize compound on the face of the
flanges between sections.  No conductivity problems for the 16 years it
was up with a shunt feed for 160 meters.

The AB-577 is probably resonant near 3.5 MHz with the C-3 antenna on top
if one wants to shunt feed it for 80 or 75 meters.

So, I vote for an inverted-L for 160 either supported from the top of the
mast or from a separate tree.

GL & 73,

George, K8GG