Re: Topband: lack of 160 activity

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: lack of 160 activity
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 15:41:47 -0400
Hi,

This list is hosted at something called "contesting.com" but I am not much of a contester. I only supply QSOs to people who are serious about it. I would consider using remote receivers (I already listen to some of them - WebSDR) but not for a contest or something like DXCC.

I am making some progress toward being QRV on 160 again. But I will never be a big gun. I have heard some DX - farther away than Canada - but the original poster is unlikely to ever work my modest station. In fact, so many people are disinterested in chatting on 160 with other hams on the same continent that my resurrection of 160 meters is low priority. But eventually - maybe. It's even worse, I don'y use FT-8. Tried it. Passed it by.

73,

Bill  KU8H