Topband: The band works!!

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: The band works!!
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 07:40:08 -0700
Very nice opening to start off the DX season here at my new QTH.  Worked a
handful of Northern Europeans with good signals.  Seemed like most of the
West Coast was working them - although maybe not down South.

Still only at 11 radials - but it felt like the system was working FB last
night.

The Hi-Z RX array really is working well too at its new home.  SM5EDX could
not be copied unless it was pointing North.

Found three noise sources - one was my switching power supply that I hooked
up while sitting right next to my radio and bandscope.  Not a good idea!!
Another one is a uv water purifier system that is located in the middle of
the RX array.  It generates a small noise over a 5 kHz spread.  Hoping to
fix it with some ferrite and shielding.

Great sign that conditions might be good for the PreStew which starts
tomorrow.

73 Tree N6TR
Manning, OR