Topband: A fix for no activity?

To: 160 <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: A fix for no activity?
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2018 07:47:41 -0700
Wow - lots of activity on the topband.....

reflector that is...

What we need is some kind of organized event where everyone gets on the
radio for one evening to find out if the band still works or not - at least
for the CW mode that you can listen to with your ears.

Well - the Boring Amateur Radio Club, while no longer being HQ'd in the
greater Boring area, is up to the challenge.  The PreStew is less than 48
hours away as I type this and the activity on the band should be the
biggest noise you will hear if you turn on the radio.  if not - then turn
off your radio for another six weeks and try again.

This event starts at 1500Z on Oct 20th (Saturday) and runs for 24 hours.
Exchange your grid square and if you really want - an RST to let people
know how well their new antennas work.

We had logs from 202 stations last year (a new record) and there were at
least 500 stations active.

Get on and make some QSOs!!!  Send in your log - and then keep an eye on
the results as your investment grows with the addition of extra points for
working low power and QRP scores.  Your score will grow faster than you
retirement savings!

Full information and previous results here - https://www.kkn.net/stew/

This is also a good time to circle the calendar for the big Stew - while
happens on Dec 29th/30th.  We are apologize in advance for those who have
conflicts with that date due to holiday festivities.  Yes - we are aware
this is when lots of people have travel plans - and as I type this - I
realize I am one of them, having to attend a wedding in Nevada - but life
goes on.  Perhaps I can throw a wire out of the window of my hotel room and
make a few QSOs.

73 Tree N6TR / K7RAT

PS: No - it isn't my wedding...  would I schedule that during the Stew?