Re: Topband: Lack of Activity

To: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Lack of Activity
From: Mpridesti via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2019 17:48:17 -0500
Bob

Thanks for sharing your experience. I had high hopes for a great season as I
spent a great deal of time erecting a long anticipated antenna system. (New
QTH, retirement mode)

Countless winter days spent adjusting, laying radials and taking measurements,
only to find so little activity to get nightly reports as a way to check my
progress, that makes one question the overall Return-on-investment.

I know there are plenty of distractions and perhaps I ask for too much, but it
sure would nice to have more activity and certainly better conditions (which
stimulates activity naturally).  I hear the same complaint about 80 m too.

I do enjoy saying hello to the same 5 DX stations most nights, just hope they
will stay patient with me!  So here’s to looking for that redemption with a
wild band opening!

Regards,

Mark, K1RX