Re: Topband: Lack of Activity

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Lack of Activity
From: "Edward Sawyer" <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 12:33:52 -0500
I see a general lack of CW activity other than contests and DXpeditions
actually.  Not just on top band.  Add to that the virtually non-existent SSB
DX activity on top band, and there you have it.  Quite a bit of the FT-8
activity looks to me to be non-CW ops who don't have the desire or
capability to DX on SSB.

Amazingly though, in contests and major DXpeditions, everyone comes out of
the woodwork.  So they are all there, just not there.  I think for many
people, the allure of "tuning the bands" and discovery has been lost.

I agree with the "we need to make it happen more if its important to us".  I
for one don't tend to be a DX CQer.  But I have started to make more of a
habit of answering those I hear.  Tuning by is not helping the issue.

73

Ed  N1UR